Sepcon BAF – Warranty Terms and Conditions:
The extended warranty is provided under the following terms and conditions:
Definitions: The owner means the person or firm that owns or operates the Sepcon BAF system after the delivery date. The delivery date means the date the Sepcon BAF system is delivered to the owner’s site by the distributor. The distributor in Ireland is Sepcon registered in Ireland.
1. A standard statutory manufacturer’s warranty of 1 year from the date of delivery applies to the Sepcon BAF system. The standard manufacturer’s warranty covers the owner for the tank structure and mechanical items inside the Sepcon BAF System subject to normal operation.
2. Additionally, on domestic Sepcon BAF Systems with a design population or PE not greater than 8, Sepcon provides an extended 4-year parts only warranty beginning after year one, providing the owner with 5 years in total parts cover in total from the date of delivery subject to the terms and conditions outlined herein.
3. All warranties begin from the date of delivery/placement of the Sepcon BAF in site. The date of commissioning or putting the Sepcon BAF into operation by the owner sometime after the date of delivery shall not extend any warranty dates.
4. Travel to site and labour is not included in the extended parts warranty and is charged according to normal rates in force at the time.
5. All warranties claims are subject to satisfying the conditions as set out:
5.1 The owner must operate and maintain the Sepcon BAF System in accordance with the owner’s manual supplied. (If the owner requires a new copy this can be obtained by contacting Sepcon)
5.2 The owner must have the Sepcon BAF system mechanically serviced every 12-months by Sepcon to avail of this extended warranty. If there is an interval in on-site servicing greater than 12-months, the extended warranty shall become void and may only be reactivated at the sole discretion of Sepcon.
5.3 The owner is responsible for booking in annual on-site servicing at least 4 weeks prior to their desired date with Sepcon. Sepcon shall issue a confirmation booking email to the email address provided by the owner at the time of booking. If the owner does not receive this booking confirmation email within 2 hours of booking, the owner is required to contact Sepcon to notify them to re-confirm the owners email address and resend until received by the owner. Sepcon shall maintain a record of all booking emails to the owner.
5.5 In the event of a property sale, the current owner shall be responsible for notifying the new owner of theses warranty conditions.
5.6 The hydraulic loading and number of bedrooms in the dwelling must not exceed the loading as prescribed in the appropriate building regulations.
5.7 The owner is free to engage a third party to conduct annual servicing at their discretion, however, this extended warranty is subsidised trough the cost of annual servicing by Sepcon and therefore the owner cannot have the Sepcon BAF serviced by a third party and also maintain the extended warranty.
5.8 Parts covered under the extended warranty is strictly limited to the; air pump, discharge pump (if fitted) and sludge return.
5.9 Control panels, media, air diffusers and sealing of lids or risers are not covered by the extended warranty.
6. Sepcon provides no warranty for the following items and/or situations set out herein:
6.1 The percolation area / polishing filter.
6.2 Groundwater ingress into the Sepcon BAF tank or manhole risers.
6.3 Any pipework or cabling from the dwelling to the Sepcon BAF System.
6.4 Damage or failure of the Sepcon BAF system caused by flooding or extreme weather.
6.5 Damage or failure of the Sepcon BAF system due to a trip out or power failure to the Sepcon BAF.
6.6 Damage or failure of the Sepcon BAF system caused by subsidence or shifting ground conditions.
6.7 Failure by the owner to properly maintain the Sepcon BAF System in accordance with the owner’s technical manual.
6.8 Failure by the owner to desludge the system in accordance with Sepcon’s service report statement / recommendations and maintain evidence of the same in accordance with the relevant legislation.
6.9 Failure by the owner to desludge or empty the primary chamber of the Sepcon BAF when the sludge level exceeds 500mm in depth.
6.10 Damage or failure of the Sepcon BAF attributed to the presence of FOG’s (Fats, Oil or Grease)
7. The Sepcon BAF system must be paid for in full before any extended warranty claim can be processed.
8. As part of the extended parts warranty, Sepcon reserves the right to provide new or previously used parts as replacements.
9. At the request of Sepcon, the owner must deliver the faulty part(s) at their own expense using a courier service that provides package tracing to the manufacturers registered office.
10. In the event of a valid claim, within 14 days of receipt of a faulty part it will be either fixed or a replacement part will be returned to the owner at no extra charge.
11. The decision by Sepcon is deemed to be final.
12. This extended warranty is provided on all Domestic Sepcon BAF Systems with a population equivalent not greater than 8, delivered between the 1st January 2020 until the 31st December 2025 or until otherwise revoked by Sepcon.
13. These terms and conditions shall supersede the previous extended warranty which was in force between 6th March 2017 and the 31st December 2019 for Sepcon BAF Systems up to 7 population equivalent.
14. This warranty does not affect the owner’s statuary rights and is governed under the laws of the Republic of Ireland